Summer Study Abroad: Credit & Cost
Offered through the UMass Amherst Department of Music & Dance for 3 credits (undergraduate or graduate) or equivalent professional development credits (PDP/CRU/PLU/CEU). Admission on all ThisWorldMusic Ghana programs is rolling, meaning enrollment first-come, first-served.
$2,750* course fee includes:
- 3 UMass credits (undergraduate or graduate) or equivalent professional development credits
- lodging for all 10 nights
- all meals and bottled water for 1 week at Dagbe Institute, plus breakfast all other days
- 25 hours of instruction
- all major in-country transport
- select cultural events
- automatic complimentary enrollment in West African Rescue Association, a private air/ground ambulance service
*Based on best estimate based on past years. Prices subject to change.
- Pre-departure advising and airport pickup/drop-off
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Complimentary use of personal international mobile phone
- Airfare: $1,500-$2,200* (estimated)
- Meals and bottled water when not at Dagbe Institute: $125 (estimated)
- Additional private instruction (optional): $100 ($10/hour)
- Mobile phone call credit: $15 (estimated)
- Vaccinations/immunizations: depends on insurance
- International travel health insurance: $30-$45
- Visa fee: $60
- Transcripting fee: $175 (if taking course for credit)
*Based on past prices. Airfare to Ghana can fluctuate dramatically.