Who Studies African Drumming?
ThisWorldMusic partners with educational institutions and arts organizations to offer award-winning, hands-on cultural learning experiences, both in the U.S. and in Ghana, West Africa. Since our founding in 2007, we have taught thousands of students nationwide and trained professionals from around the world.
Traditional percussion music from Africa engages people of all backgrounds and ages, including:
- Adult learners: Always dreamed of playing an instrument, but thought it was “too late?” It’s not!
- Music lovers: Tap your inherent love for music and rhythm — music reading NOT required.
- Professional musicians: Great for serious students or professional musicians looking to improve their time, including greater comfort with polyrhythms, syncopation, and off-beat timing.
- Special needs students: Drumming offers a fun, dynamic way to help facilitate communication and self-expression, including for students on the autism spectrum.
- Multi/Interculturalists: People interested in broadening their cultural horizons through hands-on practice love drumming.
For more info on pricing and availability, contact us.